As an engineer, I have learned that what gets measured is what improves. So starting in September, my first month with this blog, I want to share with you some of the ways my family and I prepped. This includes learning a new skill, adding to our reserves, or crossing tasks off our list.
- Watched some YouTube videos and learned a new way to finish a paracord cobra braid project I was working on.
- Bought and prepared my first freeze-dried meal. Before investing in a bucket of food I purchased a single Mountain House Beef Stroganoff meal and had it for dinner (and leftover for lunch). Will be buying more.
- Started this blog to help keep track of the different things I was working on.
- Started to research water purification and storage options for our house.
- Changed the batteries in my EDC, car, and nightstand flashlights.
- Planted two new apple trees in the backyard (read more)
- Picked up another case of water to add to our reserves on our last trip to Costco. Tough to beat less than $3 for 5 gallons of water for long-term storage.
- Stopped by Menards to pick up two boxes of wooden kitchen matches free after rebate.
What did you do to prep in September?
P.S. Want new content delivered to your inbox subscribe here!
This article may contain affiliate links.